Sunday 25 September 2011

All shapes and sizes


What's the use of a volunteer in the Lakes who can't contribute much to an outdoors work-team? Well, here's my work space - my kitchen table.
(I do have a study upstairs but the kitchen is so much more friendly.) I do also work sometimes at a desk in Bowe Barn and the tea there is just as good as mine! One of the advantages of working at home though is that I can take the occasional break to spend with my newish granddaughter in Hong Kong - thank you Skype.

What do I do? I'll have a go at just about any desk job and there are plenty of things falling into that category. Some begin with 'Do you think you could ...?' and I am given the time and space to find a way to do something. So there are some challenges to enliven the days - it beats day-time TV!

So, if you know somebody who can do similar, encourage them to volunteer . I'm sure there will be someone in the Trust who will be glad to have the support. Wendy




1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Wendy's kitchen table or Phil's drainage ditch - it's a hard choice.
    Thanks for blogging your valuable volunteer help everyone, keep up the good work! Jessie

    ReplyDelete